Student Parliament helps students to act as role models for their peers and develop strong leadership skills.
At Berowra Public School, Year 6 students are elected to roles within the School Parliament. These students then lead their committees and run whole parliament sessions.
During parliament, students from K-6 can present a motion to parliament. Once seconded, arguments for and against the motion are presented by students. All students K-6, then vote for or against the motion. If the motion is passed, it is then passed to the relevant minister (e.g. Minister for Sport, or Minister for Education) to be presented to the principal and then acted upon if it has been approved by the principal/staff.
Student Parliament roles:
- Prime Ministers (School Captains)
- Sergeant of Arms
- Minister for Communication and Technology
- Minister for Information and Research
- Minister for Education
- Minister for the Environment
- Minister for Functions/Social Services
- Minister for Health and Safety
- Minister for Sport
- Minister for Trade