Student Parliament Ministers
* All ministers and shadow minsters are responsible for forming and organising committees to help with duties.
Minister for Health and Safety
- Form and organise a committee to help with duties.
- Inspect school grounds for safety issues.
- Advertise special canteen days.
- Monitor/patrol canteen lines during lunch basket hand outs/service
Minister for Communication and Technology
- Set up/update sign for school
- Assist with technology issues across the school.
- Edit school website.
Minister for Information and Research
- Assist with maintenance of library.
- Promote library events/ new resources.
- Assist librarian with stock-take as appropriate.
- Speak at assemblies about any forthcoming library events/ issues.
Minister for Trade
- Return labelled/lost property to students.
- Record points awarded for school uniform.
- Announce school uniform winner at assemblies.
- Liaise with the principal/teachers to set up/put away trading stalls.
Minister for the Environment
- Organise Litter Police roster.
- Increase school awareness of special environmental days e.g. Wattle Day, Clean Up Australia Day.
- Organise and promote paper recycling.
- Organise and promote paper recycling (including taking out bins).
Minister for Education
- Help teachers organise and set up display in foyers.
- Speak at Assemblies about any forthcoming events.
- Assist with special education events e.g. Maths Fun Day, Spelling competitions, reading groups in classes
Minister for Functions/Social Services
- Collect ideas for fund raising to raise money for Parliamentary expenses.
- Liaise with staff to obtain approval and set dates for Parliamentary fund-raising functions and write any necessary notes/letters.
- Organise, distribute and sell fund raising materials.
Minister for Sport
- Organise and oversee sport house captains.
- Distribution/organisation of sport equipment borrowed/returned.
- Ensure sports shed is tidy/locked every day with all equipment put away.
Sport House Captains (overseen by Minister for Sport)
- Organise team house sports at carnivals (inc. cheers/team participation).
- Collect and announce house points for assemblies.
- Put out/bring in soccer pads for goal posts.