For the second half of Term 2, students at Berowra Public School are focusing on the PBeL expectation- Responsibility: Own Your Actions.
Students are being taught about identifying, managing and controlling their own pleasant emotions (such as happy, proud, grateful) and unpleasant emotions (such as upset, angry, worried).
Some focuses for students K-6 are:
- Emotions are useful to you, even the unpleasant ones
- It is very important to correctly recognise and name your own feelings
- You can change a bad mood into a good mood if you try
- You can be the boss of your feelings
- Being the boss of your feelings (managing your emotions) is not the same as not having any
- You need to ask 'Did they really mean it?' when you feel hurt or angry
- Find a safe way to express your feelings without hurting anyone
The lessons are based on the ideas and activities in the BounceBack Wellbeing and Resilience Program by Pearson. The scope and sequence and content/delivery of the lessons have then been tailored to fit the needs of the students at Berowra Public School in accordance with PBeL (Positive Behaviour for Engaging Learners) school-wide expectations. For more information about PBeL, or how to assist your children at home, see additional website pages under 'Caring for students' or contact Berowra Public School.