Benefits of team sports
If you want your child to grow up to be a confident and well-adjusted adult, then team sports may be the answer.
Playing a team sport provides kids with important lessons in personal values.
Kids learn that things don't always go their way and that they need to respect their peers as well as referees and sports officials.
These experiences can influence them throughout their lives, such as when it comes to working for a boss, or respecting the police or other authority figures.
When your kids take part in team sports they develop:
- friendship and camaraderie
- cooperation and teamwork skills
- leadership skills
- a sense of belonging/team membership
- social interaction skills
- physical skills
- self-esteem and self concept
- team goal-setting skills
- self-discipline, patience and persistence
Find out more on the School A to Z website.